Friday, May 29, 2009

We made it!!

We are finally all here, safe and sound, in Anchorage. Eric left Friday evening and got here Monday afternoon driving, and even with a wrong turn made it in pretty good time. The kids (its still weird that that is plural) and I flew up yesterday and had a pretty uneventful flight, thank goodness. I think the hardest part was getting through security initially, I had Chase in the carseat which was sitting in the stroller, and not only did I have to take Ethan and my shoes off, I had to take Chase out of both stroller and seat, fold them up and put them on the conveyer belt while trying to make sure Ethan didn't run away or push the stroller into anyone. Then I got to repeat that wonderful process in reverse after going through. Then they took Ethan's sippy cups and had to screen them to make sure I wasn't bringing liquid explosives on the plane. Luckily the guy behind me saw my distress at all the juggling and helped me lift the stroller on and off the conveyer which helped considerably. But after we made it through that experience, Ethan was content to push a sleeping Chase around the airport in his stroller, and we also found a play area in both airports for him to get some energy out. On the first flight to Seattle he actually fell asleep (which is surprising because he usually only falls asleep if he's in his bed) and slept for the majority of it, and on the second flight to Anchorage I kept putting DVDs in the travel DVD player (thanks again Amy and Steve!!) and feeding him fruit snacks and other munchies. Chase just slept pretty much the whole time and was amazing, it was great! I even got to watch most of the in-flight movie! I had been so worried to fly alone with 2 kids, but it went really well and I'm so happy to be here and done moving/traveling!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! My mom told me about your crazy, last-minute move and I can't imagine how stressful it must have been! But what a blessing to find such a good job and be able to live in AK - your home. I'm really happy for you!

Lyd Stew said...

Glad you made it, but sad at the same time- I'm really feeling ripped off you won't be in Rexburg! :( So you better keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

It's always questionable how a flight will go with two kids...let a lone one! We're glad you made it safe and sane.

Amy said...

Wow! So glad to hear that you made it okay! That's so great that someone helped you out at the airport, it's tough to juggle all that stuff, especially with two kids! I can't imagine, but I'll be there soon enough! Hope you guys get settled in soon! Take care!

Kristen Moss said...

Your crazy... and amazing!