Sunday, January 13, 2008

Winter Update

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! It's sad I have to put all of this onto one post, I know, again I'm sorry! And another disappointment, I don't have all the pictures from Christmas and Alaska yet because most of them are on my dad’s camera. So we’ll have to do a Christmas in February post or something to make up for it. But Alaska was so much fun! It was great being able to see everyone again, and it was so nice to have a break from school. Thanks Mom and Dad (both sets J) for making it possible!

Ethan was pretty shy at first and had a hard time with the transition from being with only his parents to having many people around who wanted to hold him, but after a couple days of freaking out he calmed down and let others take him. Jayme, my little sister, was so funny with him! She constantly wanted to hold him which was fine by me, and made so many funny noises and faces that I think he forgot to cry. Opa was one of his favorites as well because he would always walk around with him and he let Ethan play in the water.

Christmas was fun, we spent Christmas Eve at my house doing the traditional fondue (love it!) and nativity reenactment. My grandma Audrey surprised us and came up, it was fun to see her again. Christmas morning we spent at the Rindlisbachers, we opened presents and ate amazing buttermilk waffles. That evening we went down to our Grandma and Grandpa Carters house for dinner with everyone. It was so much fun and we ate so much those two days!

The flight to Alaska went really well, but the flight back was interesting. We left at 1 am and Ethan was so tired he wouldn’t go to sleep. We were worried because while we were waiting to take off we just kept him entertained, but then they turned the cabin lights off and everyone wanted to sleep, so we tried to put a blanket over him to get him asleep but he wouldn’t hear of it. Eric held him for a screaming minute and tried to get him to fall asleep, but I knew he wasn’t going to go. I said a quick prayer, and as soon as I said amen he fell silent and slept for a good chunk of the first leg. I’m so grateful for a father in heaven who watches out for his children and cares about even their insignificant requests! I hope everyone had a good Christmas and happy 2008!


Well, my connection is being so slow it won’t let me add pictures, hopefully this text will get added and I’ll put pictures on when it’s working better!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

finally an new post! I kept checking! glad to see that you are back home now! Hopefully we will make it up there to see you guys!

Melissa

coach curtis said...

Welcome back guys! I've been jonesin' for some pics of Ethan but, alas, still no go... Glad the trip was fun, though. And congrats on your new nephew! (still haven't seen pics of him either grrrr)

Amy Rindy said...

Yay! So glad to see an update! :) Sounds like you had a great time and I can't wait to see pics. I'm so glad the trip home worked out for you - I'm pretty sure any mother can relate to your stress as well as your appreciation that things turned out alright!