Friday, October 24, 2008

Crafty

I'm usually not very creative/crafty but those ghosts must have inspired me. I had so much fun doing them I decided to make birthday presents for my nieces, and while I was at it I made one for my cousin who just turned 8 and got baptized! I just bought wood boxes (they were supposed to be recipe boxes but they worked) and then went crazy with paint, paper, embellishments, and more than a little Mod Podge! Super fun and easy and the girls really liked them. Except Emma hasn't gotten hers yet, so Kate don't let her look at this blog till it comes in the mail! Should be any day now.

And here's what I made: Jewelry boxes!




So I'm not the best photographer, it was late when I finished and I was tired and not worried about lighting :) But you get the idea!
My next project: Halloween costume for Ethan. Eric came up with a good idea, so stay tuned for pictures of that.

8 comments:

K. Bitton said...

Those are dang cute! How are you feeling? Pregnancy going well??

Amy said...

SUPER CUTE! You did a fabulous job! It's amazing what a little paint and Mod Podge, paper and flowers can do! Isn't it fun to create? I love it, obviously! Can't wait to see what else you've created!

Aurie Jenkins said...

wow! Goo job, they are so cute! I have not gotten back into crafts since I had Braddoc, I really need too, have 3 scrap books for Landon and none for Landon. :o( Anyway I really love your latest crafts.

The Curtis Family said...

So dang cute. She'll love it!

Ah, you remind me so much of myself when I was young LOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Amy Rindy said...

So cute! Natalie loves hers, and it looks really cute in her room.

Barbara said...

Hey...I haven't checked my blog in so long and today when I posted I decided to check and see if I had any messages on my older post...and I found u...so I'm adding u to my list and we can keep in touch. I love the pics...did u see I made a translation for u in my blog?u and 2 other friends that I know only speak english! hehehehehe
I will hear from u soon...and it's cool that u are going thru the same phases u did with Ethan, I actually want to do the opposite, I want to have a baby in the summer, so I can go out and enjoy the sun and outdoors with the baby instead of having to stay home like I did with Isabelle.
XOXO

Barb

Lindsay said...

Very very cute!!

Holli said...

I'm very impressed, Jess! Now I'm itching to make a craft, too. Maybe I'll copy your idea : ) I'm excited to see Ethan's costume!