Monday, October 27, 2008

Nursery

This week was Ethan's first week by himself in nursery! He just turned 18 months on Monday, so yesterday was the first time I could leave him alone but we've been going in with him for the last few weeks during Sunday School to get him used to being in there. I was pretty nervous to leave him alone although he does well with babysitters and he likes playing with other kids. The first time we went in for a trial run one of the little girls pulled his glasses off, twice :) Ethan just sat there and let her do it, too. That didn't happen yesterday but I'm sure it will again.
When I dropped him off yesterday, he immediately started playing with toys and another little boy, not even noticing I was still there. I said, "Bye-bye Ethan!" and waved and started walking away, and he just turned and said "Buh-Bye!" and went back to his toys! No tears no fuss no nothing! I think I was more anxious about leaving him than he was about being left. I went and checked on him between Sunday School and Relief Society, making sure he didn't see me, but he was fine the whole time. When I went to get him after he was really excited and gave me a big hug which was cute. But I hope this pattern continues! The picture is his first coloring/handout he did in nursery, and of course it went right on the fridge. My baby is so old!

3 comments:

The Curtis Family said...

Wow what a big boy he is! Emma was like that too, just totally fine with me leaving, never looked back. I think it says that you've raised a self-assured kid who knows his mom loves him and who will come back for him.

OR MAYBE it just says he loves all the toys and other kids in nursery :).

Enjoy your next few months of freedom in RS, because it's gonna start all over again soon! How's that little baby coming along??

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

What an easy boy you have!!!! Ethan is so cute, I hope my kids are as good as him!

Kirsti said...

Hey guys, it's Kirsti. Long time no talk or see! I didn't even know you two were married. :) So congrats, really late! I'm glad I found your blog, it's great to see what everyone is up to. My blog is delahuntynoggins.blogspot.com if you want to check it out.