Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Haunted House

Our house is haunted! Ok so it's haunted on purpose :) The other day my friend Kristen came over and we made these really cool ghosts! It's just cheesecloth dipped in sugar water, and then you let it harden. It was really easy, but I love decorating for holidays and I was impressed with how easy these were and how well they turned out!My favorite ghost


Haunting the entertainment center

If you want to make a ghost, get a 2 liter bottle and tape a tennis ball to the lid. Then bend a hangar to make it look like arms and tape it to the body. Take a large rectangle of cheesecloth and fold it in half so it will be double layered. Make sure the doubled cloth makes a square. To make it stiff, mix 2 cups sugar with 1 cup warm/hot water. Dip the cheesecloth in the sugar solution, then squeeze out the extra water. Drape it over the liter bottle figure, making sure there is enough of a base to support the ghosts. Let them dry 24 hours, remove and they stand on their own!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Nice TV! :)

K. Bitton said...

Thanks for sharing that CUTE idea! Love it!

Lindsay said...

THOSE ARE SO CUTE! I am so doing that.

Melissa said...

oh my gosh! I love em! I am going to do them, but how do you get the arms to stick out? YOu use a liter bottle for the body, but what about the arms?

Derick and Becky said...

I love these, I hope they work out for me cause yours are so cute!