Thursday, October 1, 2009

Give me an excuse, PLEASE!

Is anyone having a birthday in the next week or so? Anyone having a bad day and just need a pick-me-up? Wake up on the wrong side of the bed? Bummed because you missed your favorite show? Because I REALLY need an excuse to make this cake!


Its called "The Ultimate Chocolate Layered Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Birthday Cake" and its from a food blog called Picky-Palate. I want to make it. But I can't justify making it just for my family because we will eat it all.

Lately I've been finding some really good recipes online from food blogs, and my top two sites are Picky-Palate and The Pioneer Woman. Anyone have any other good food blogs/sites they like? I need more ideas! And people to cook for! :)

8 comments:

The Curtis Family said...

Did you know that Jenny from Picky Palate is a friend of mine? Just wondering if it's that small a world, or if you got her from my blog...

Kelly Smith said...

I wish I was in Anchorage now!! That looks SO good! I could have used that in Canada ;)

Kristen Moss said...

YUCK. that cake makes me sick. Do you know why it makes me sick, the biggest reason is becuase I hate people like you who can eat something like that and not worry about gaining two pounds. I HATE YOU.

I think I just gained a pound looking at it.

Mark and Jenny and Lizzy said...

I want that cake.....so much. Good job on Eric's bday cake. I'm impressed. We miss you guys!

Kristen Moss said...

Love the new background. it is so cute.

Em and Bart said...

Hey Jessica, my sister has an excellent cooking blog I get ALL of my recipes from it is
mykitchencafe.blogspot.com

Lindsay said...

Umm...I'm down! MAKE THE CAKE!!! :)

Derick and Becky said...

Oh I could go on and on with food blogs...if you want some yummy and CUTE treats, go to bakerella.com!