Friday, April 30, 2010

Happy Birthday, Boys!!

The boys had their birthdays this month, and boy did we celebrate! Chase turned 1 on the 17th and Ethan turned 3 on the 20th. I decided to let Ethan have a friends birthday/playdate in the afternoon, then we did a family birthday that night.

Most of my friends that have kids his age have girls, so he was a little outnumbered gender-wise. But he loved it. We had a Cars themed party, because Ethan is obsessed with Lightning McQueen. We played some games-- a bean bag toss (the kids mostly ran up to it to throw the bags in the holes) and a prize walk with music, and then we made candy cars out of gum packs and life savers, and decorated cupcakes. It was pretty fun, the kids seem to enjoy themselves! These were the only pictures I took of that morning, then my camera died.

That evening we had the family over for dinner and cake and ice cream. I made lasagna and Eric made the cake-- isn't it awesome??! I was so worried he wasn't going to have time to do it, he insisted on it being a 3D Lightening McQueen cake instead of a decorated sheet cake. We had baked the cakes the night before, but he didn't start decorating it until 2 pm and the party was at 6:30! But he did such an awesome job, Ethan loved it! Mom (Rindlisbacher) made a bear cake for Chase, and he kept growling at it. He loves bears. My dad took the pictures because I couldn't find my camera charger, so these are all from him.

(You can click on the collages to enlarge them)

The Cakes
The Guests and the Presents

These were some other pictures I got from my Dad's camera. I just downloaded Picasa and I love the collages you can make with it! I'm not very good at it yet, so I'm sure they'll improve as I practice more.
My babies are getting so big!! (At his 1 year appt Chase weighed in at 22.6 lbs, and Ethan weighs 27. Yea.) Chase is now in an upright, forward facing car seat and loves it. And he's starting to take some steps on his own, so it won't be long now until he'll be walking and unstoppable!

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Ok, several things.

-I love Eric's cake. Amazing.

-I love the last collage of Chase. He is sooooo adorable.

-We had a great time at the party. Evie keeps singing the birthday song, alternating Ethan and Chase's names.

Kristen Moss said...

WOW.. to all of it. I cant believe they are that old. Wow.

What a great party. SO fun. I wish I were there so ethan could have a guy friend.

I cant believe they are soo big. CRAZY.


THREE????? NO way!

Holli said...

Whoa - Eric decorates cakes?? That's awesome! He did a great job. Happy birthday to your two adorable boys!

Lydia Stewart said...

What a fun momma! You are a blast! I need you to do my party planning!

The Curtis Family said...

Happy birthday boys!!

Millhouse G said...

NICE CAKE!Casper Cadillac Millhouse G Productions

cindy said...

burberry bolsas
Chanel bolsas
Guess bolsas
Louis Vuitton bolsas
T Shirt
Gafas de sol
sac louis vuitton 2012
louis vuitton soldes
sac louis vuitton soldes
sac louis vuitton
porte cles louis vuitton
boucle chanel
sac dolce gabbana
sac guess 2012
sac gucci
sac guess
Guess Tasche
Louis vuitton tasche
Swimwear
Dolce Gabbana Tasche
T Shirt
Christian Louboutin Soldes
Christian Louboutin 2012
chaussures Christian Louboutin
sac a main
lunettes de soleil
Accessories & jewelry
Sac a main
tee shirts Armani hommes
tee shirts burberry femmes
tee shirts burberry hommes

Brian Murphy said...

http://youtu.be/6ysOt_ri0_M