Thursday, June 21, 2007

Such a big boy!

I see Ethan everyday so I'm not supposed to notice changes, but even I can see that he is getting bigger every week! As of Thursday, he weighs 10 lbs 8 oz and is 22.5 inches long, but they said he's only in the 25th percentile for his height and weight. I'm not sure if I believe that, he seems so big to me! Eric has also been having him stand up lately, he'll just hold his arms and Ethan stays up for about 10-15 seconds at a time (it works especially well when he's frustrated because then he flexes his legs :). If it's possible, he's gotten even cuter lately by starting to coo and giggle for us. Yesterday when the occupational therapist came he wanted to tell her everything and talked the whole time she was here. She didn't come last week but says she is really impressed with the progress he is making. He can hold his head up a lot better when he's pulled up to a sitting position from laying down, and the grip in his left fist is catching up to his right. He also doesn't have as much a preference to look to the left anymore, he can track things over to his right side.
He still sleeps about 8 hours at night, we are very happy about that, and he just continues to amaze us every day.

Not so happy, but standing!

Eric trying to get him suck his thumb


I bought a new shirt for him, but the collar was a little big so he kept sucking on it

1 comments:

Amy Rindy said...

He is definitely looking bigger! He looks super cute in the new shirt. My favorite is the pic of him standing with a sad face - so cute!