Tuesday, June 17, 2008

New make-up

Ok don't laugh, I debated on whether or not to post this but in the end the humor factor won out over my embarrassment. Eric and I were watching TV the other day and there was this infomercial on for Sheer Cover make-up. Again, don't laugh! I've been complaining to Eric that I can't find good make-up and when I do find some it's way expensive. Anyway, so I wasn't paying much attention to the commercial till Eric called my attention to it and was like, "Hey, why don't you try this stuff?" So we watched for a little while longer and he was completely sold, he was convinced that I was supposed to try this stuff. To my chagrin, he dialed the number and handed me the phone so I figured Hey, why not. It was what I expected- a scam where they try to get you to subscribe to this make-up so it's delivered to you once a month and then they try to sell you all these extras on top of the basic package. After 20 minutes of convincing this lady I didn't want anything else but the basic deal they were offering, I finally had it ordered. It came in last week and I decided to try it all out! I think Eric was just excited because he had never ordered anything off of an infomercial before :)
I didn't want to post the gross looking Before picture with no make-up on, but I figured the After picture would be more effective that way. It actually works really well and I like it, but there's no way I'll pay $30/month for make-up, even if it's home delivered. Oh and we took pictures similar to what they did- in the before picture my hair is pulled up, no make-up on and not smiling, whereas in the after picture my hair is curled, make-up on and a smile on my face.
Kind of funny but it was actually really fun!
Here are the results:

BEFORE:


AFTER:

Caption: I'm a Sheer Cover girl!


Just kidding...

7 comments:

Melissa said...

oh you look good both ways! HOTTIE!

Katie said...

I have the same problem with makeup! You look great (in the before AND after shot) Do you think you will go through the entire kit in a month, or do you think it will last you longer?

mills said...

Hey of course you can add me to your list, i'll add you to mine! ok and glasses on such a little person is SOOO dang cute! your little boy is adorable

Lyd Stew said...

Jessica- you look lovely, but I do have to say that you have so much natural beauty that I think you were gorgeous in both of them! :) Hey and thanks for calling the other day- how did feeding the ducks go- I stopped by today to see if you wanted to go on a walk but I guess you weren't there. We'll have to get together though.

Derick and Becky said...

I love it! Don't be embarrassed! I'm a sheer cover girl, I can totally picture you saying it holding up a little bottle of makeup...thats funny. Ya, $30 is a lot!

Aurie Jenkins said...

Hey its Aurie!! I found your blog while skimming from one friends to another.... hope you dont mind. Your little boy is soooo cute!! For some reason I think little boys with glasses are just adorable. You guys have such a sweet family. I am so happy for you. Hope we can stay in touch. Aurie http://jenkinsfamily85.blogspot.com

Smile It's Yummy! said...

You look great! :)

Another website that has good quality but cheaper (only $1!) is http://www.shortenurl.com/elfcosmetics