Monday, March 9, 2009

The Great Porcupine

Two things Ethan loves: watching Signing Time and saying prayers. The most recent volume of Signing Time I checked out from the library is called The Great Outdoors, and he's been learning new animals like deer (he does the antlers when he says it), raccoon, skunk, and porcupine. All are really cute to hear, I should have gotten them on video.
As for praying, sometimes we'll be in the middle of a meal and he'll fold his arms and squint his eyes, even though we have already said a prayer at his request. He won't go back to eating very easily until we've said another one, so I usually just help him say it again. Typically we start the sentence and he fills in the last word. I'll start "We thank thee for this..." and he'll say "day" and so on until amen. Last night he was saying the prayer before we ate dinner, and he was pretty excited. This time when I started, as usual I said "Dear Heavenly..." and waited to hear "Father" but instead he said "porcupine." Haha I was laughing so hard Eric had to finish helping him say the rest of it, and throughout he kept looking over at me and wondering why mom was covering her face! Oh the things kids say.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so precious, Jessica! Can you teach my son how to like prayer a little more? He fights me on it every time and it's so sad :( This is just an indication of what a great mommy you are!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sorry. Ethan, is a great boy as your parents srs (no father's loll). Congratulations !!!

Ryan and Triana said...

Hey you! How have you been? Ethan is all grown up. He is adorable. I love the pic with him in a suit. COngrats on the pregnancy! That is exciting! You are amazing and inspirational!

Janalee said...

Jessica! That is the funniest thing! what a cute boy! I would not be able to hold my laughter in! hilarious!

Lindsay said...

Hahaha, that is so hilarious. I started laughing too! Eric must be made of steel!