Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What's on my camera?

I was trying to decide what to post about because it's been a while since I updated the blog, and I decided to just look on my camera to see what I could find. It seems I've been about as bad at taking pictures as I have been at posting, but I did find a couple fun ones of Ethan. And of course, Eric's fishing adventures.

Eric challenged Ethan to an arm wrestling contest. You'll have to ask them who won :)

Ethan and his friend Sebastian decided to climb up to the table and play Connect Four. I bought it the other day at DI cause I always liked it and now it's Ethans new favorite.
So don't laugh, this was supposed to be a baby blanket. I had Ethan sit on it in the next few pictures so you can get an idea of how big it is, but it was only supposed to be 35 inches wide. It turned out huge! This was my first attempt to read a crochet pattern (thanks for your help Kelly!!) and I got the stitches down pretty fast, but I picked a thicker yarn and a bigger hook than it called for. Apparently that makes a big difference :)

It's a little big for a baby, so we'll either use it on Ethan's toddler bed or I'll double the height later and use it as a full size blanket. I was pretty happy with how even it was for my first real crochet project!

Erics latest catch. He went with a few guys on Saturday and they were pretty successful, these are just the ones they kept.

Other than that not much is new, we're just waiting for this baby to come and Eric graduates next week!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to learn how to make blankets like that! Who cares if its big....it looks awesome.