Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Yummy Potatoes

I have this recipe book that I use all the time- its a basic cook book put out by Food Network called "How to Boil Water"-- and I made these potatoes the other day that were amazing! I don't usually take pictures of my cooking but these looked so good and they're so easy I thought I'd share. Here's the recipe if anyone's interested:

Stuffed Potato with Broccoli and Cheese


4 baked potatoes, still warm
1 small bunch broccoli, steamed
4 Tbl butter
1 tea salt
fresh ground black pepper
4-6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
1/3-1/2 cup sour cream (I added this part)

While potatoes bake, steam broccoli and chop into small pieces.
Preheat broiler. Take each warm cooked potato, slice a lengthwise slit in the top, and gently scoop out some of the flesh, leaving enough to give the potato structure. Mix the potato flesh, butter, salt, pepper, and sour cream in a bowl with fork, then gently stir in broccoli pieces. Refill each potato with the mixture. Sprinkle a heaping handful of cheese over the top of each, and set on rimmed baking sheet under broiler until cheese melts and gets bubbly, about 5 minutes.

Enjoy, I know we did!

1 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my goodness . . . they look heavenly! I am going to have to try these!