Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday, Ethan!


Ok so we cheated and celebrated Ethan's birthday about 2 weeks early, but that's what we get for having 2 kids in the same month :) Actually I have the same due date with this one as I had for Ethan, kinda crazy. His official birthday is April 20th, so its pretty close but I didn't want to wait till after this baby is born, I have more energy now then I will then :)
Anyway, Ethan's 2nd birthday! We had a little party with cake and presents when Eric's parents were here for graduation, and he had a lot of fun. Eric's mom made a cute car cake (it was supposed to be a Curious George cake but she left the topper for it in Utah- I still feel bad about that!) and we had him open presents. He wasn't very interested in eating his cake-- so he must not be my son-- but he loved the gifts that he got. Eric and I got him a kids fishing pole (Eric's idea) and he got balls, coloring books, and a new bike from Grandma and Opa. I can't believe he's 2 years old already!!!

Trying with all his might to pick up both balls at the same time.
Sitting on the new bike


Going, going, and...he's down. It'll take him a while to get used to the peddles but I'm sure he'll love it once he does. Thanks again Grandma and Opa!


Baby Update: It's official, we scheduled the c-section for this Friday at noon. It was a hard choice because I really wanted to do a VBAC but I think it'll be for the best. I'm pretty nervous about it, so keep us in your prayers and we'll hope everything goes well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ethan is such a cutie! I can't believe he's 2 either! I love Janice's cake. She's the one that got me into cake decorating years and years ago. I will surely pray for you as your c-section approaches. I know that you will be given added strength and courage because of the prayers of others. I know I felt that, and was so grateful! It will be fine :) Be sure to post some pictures of your new little one ASAP (but don't feel rushed ~ I know I wasn't ready for blogging for a few weeks!) I can't wait to meet him. I love you all.

Jenny said...

Yay Ethan! Good luck with everything. It was fun to see in line for tickets!